Friday, March 23, 2012

Kale Chips

Last night I roasted some vegetables for dinner, including the ever so delightful kale seen below. 

 To make kale chips, simply coat the kale with some olive oil (I used some from a spray can) and sprinkle on some salt.  Then bake at 425 degrees F for around 20 minutes, turning the kale after the first 10 minutes.  
 They will shrink up quite a bit, and when you eat them they are as crisp as can be.  I can eat a whole pan of them myself!  They develop a nutty, rich flavor.  
I'm working this weekend.  Be back next week!

3 comments:

  1. Is this kale? The photo looks more like arugula or something. It sounds delish, though...wanted to check so I could try it :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually baby kale. I should have mentioned that. I bought a giant bag of it from Costco and I store it in the freezer. I've done it with big kale too, and that also works great.

      Delete
  2. Ahh. Perfect. I see some crunchies coming out of my oven soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete